This is a fresh and tasty tropical mango and pineapple smoothie for weight loss.
The smoothie is great as a meal replacement or as a healthy low-calorie nourishing snack to support your weight loss goals.Print
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- 1 scoop protein powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk from a carton (unsweetened)
- Measure the ingredients as listed and set them aside.
- To a high-speed blender add the fresh mango and yogurt first, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. For about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
*For recipe notes, smoothie benefits, and more, scroll down!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Low Calorie
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 332
- Sugar: 27.2g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 39.2g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 25.9g
Keywords: blueberry pineapple smoothie, pineapple and mango smoothie, pineapple mango smoothie, protein smoothie, tropical smoothie recipes, weight loss smoothies
Other Benefits Of This Weight Loss Mango Pineapple Smoothie
This weight loss pineapple smoothie with mango has so much more to offer than helping you slim down.
It contains ingredients that are packed with vitamins and minerals.
Other benefits you can expect to get from drinking this smoothie include:
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Pineapple and mango are excellent sources of vitamin C, vitamin A, and various B vitamins, supporting immune function, vision health, and energy metabolism.
- Protein-Packed: The addition of Greek yogurt and protein powder boosts the protein content, essential for muscle repair, growth, and overall body function, making it an ideal post-workout drink or meal replacement.
- Digestive Health Support: Greek yogurt contains probiotics that can help maintain a healthy gut microbiome, while the fiber from the fruits aids in digestion and regularity.
- Antioxidant Properties: The fruits in this smoothie are rich in antioxidants, which help combat oxidative stress and may reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Low in Added Sugars: By using unsweetened ingredients, this smoothie keeps the sugar content lower, making it a healthier option that can help manage blood sugar levels.
- Energy Boosting: The natural sugars from the fruits, combined with protein and healthy fats from the yogurt and coconut milk, provide a balanced source of energy without the crash associated with high-sugar processed snacks.
Recipe Notes & Smoothie Variations:
I love trying different flavor combinations every time I make a smoothie twice, or three times, etc.
I have personally made this smoothie probably 10+ times, which has allowed me to experiment.
Here are some add-ins you could try to elevate this smoothie:
- Chia Seeds: Add a tablespoon of chia seeds for extra protein, fiber, and plant-based omega-3s.
- Matcha Green Tea Powder: If you are having this smoothie for breakfast, energize more by adding 1/2 teaspoon of matcha powder. Matcha also helps boost the metabolism!
- Nut Butter: Make the smoothie extra filling by adding some healthy fats in the form of nut butter. I tested cashew and almond butter, both worked very well in this smoothie.
Great Ingredient Substitutions You Can Use
We have some tasty substitutions for you, just in case you might be interested in using alternative ingredients.
- For an even thicker version of this fat-burning smoothie, you can use frozen pineapple alongside frozen mango, instead of fresh pineapple.
- If you are vegan, you can substitute Greek yogurt for vegan yogurt, and also, make sure you use vegan protein powder too.
- If you don’t like coconut milk, you can use any dairy-free milk of your choice. I suggest that you use unsweetened almond milk since it’s typically the lowest calorie plant milk.
Please note that any substitution you make will affect to overall calories per serving.
|Vitamix Blender Propel 510
|Ninja Blender BL610
|Oster 6640 Blender
|Hamilton Beach 58148A Blender
|AMZChef Blender 1800 W
The smoothie is relatively easy to blend, which is why it was compatible with the blenders I own.
I am quite confident that even if you own a blender that’s not listed above, it is likely to work with this recipe.