This oatmeal mango smoothie is perfect for breakfast, or any time of the day for a filling low-calorie snack or a meal.
Can You Pair Mango And Oats Together?
If you haven’t had overnight oats with mango before, you truly wouldn’t know how good mango and oats are together.
Oats and mango work wonderfully together. Mango is sweet and creamy, which balances very well with the slight nuttiness and texture from the oats.
If you are blending oats and mangos together, they help create a very satisfying thick sweet and nutty-like drink.
Mango Oats Smoothie Benefits
This mango oatmeal smoothie contains 4 simple ingredients, and they are all healthy. Which means this smoothie has many benefits to offer.
Here are some of the benefits of drinking this oats mango smoothie:
- Nutrient-Rich: The combination of ingredients provides an array of essential nutrients including vitamins, minerals, fiber, and protein.
- Amazing Vitamin Boost: Mangoes are a good source of vitamins A and C, which are antioxidants that help boost the immune system, support eye health, and promote skin health.
- Dietary Fiber: Oats are a great source of soluble fiber, which can help in improving gut health, reducing LDL cholesterol, and stabilizing blood sugar levels. Mangoes also contribute dietary fiber, which aids in digestion.
- Protein Source: Peanut butter provides protein which helps in building and repairing tissues. Oats and oat milk contribute additional protein, making this smoothie a decent protein source.
- Healthy Fats: Peanut butter contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fats which can support cardiovascular health.
- Energy Boost: The combination of carbohydrates from mangoes and oats, along with protein and fats, can provide a sustained release of energy, making it a good option for breakfast or a post-workout snack.
- Provides Satiety Which Is Useful For Weight Loss: The protein and fiber content can help keep you full and satisfied, potentially reducing the urge to snack excessively between meals.
How To Make Mango Oatmeal Smoothie
Like most smoothie recipes, this delicious oat and mango drink is super easy to make!
These are the 4 ingredients you will need:
- 1 Cup Frozen Mango
- 2 Tablespoons Oats
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Oat Milk
Add all your ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blitz until smooth. Blending should last between 3-4 minutes, this is the sweet spot I found when I made this moothie.
Serve and enjoy this delicious mango smoothie with oatmeal.
Total Estimated Nutritional Content For The Smoothie:
- Calories: 350 kcal
- Carbs: 56g (of which sugars: 31g)
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 14.1g
- Iron: 3.8 mg
- Vitamin C: 60 mg
- Vitamin A: 1125 μg
Mango And Oat Breakfast Smoothie Recipe Substitutions And Customizations
There are many different variations of making this mango oats smoothie for weight loss.
You can customize it so it can suit your weight gain goals rather than weight loss for example.
You can also use different ingredients that you have available or if you like to achieve a slightly different tasting smoothie.
Here are your options:
- For a weight gain smoothie, use 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and also add 1/2 avocado. This will increase the calories by quite a bit!
- Oats and chocolate work very well together. So, for a chocolatey taste, add a tablespoon of cocoa powder along with the other ingredients listed.
- For a more nutrient dense smoothie, add 1/2 cup of berries of choice. This will add a more fruity taste to the smoothie
- I used 2 tablespoons of oats in my recipe, but the taste of oats does come through. If you don’t like strong oat taste, add 1 tablespoon instead.
- Adding other ingredients such as chia or flaxseeds can be a wonderful addition to this smoothie too.
- For something aromatic, consider adding 1/3 tsp of ground cinnamon or nutmeg.
More Mango & Oat Smoothie Recipes:
4-Ingredients Oatmeal Mango Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- 1 cup/150g frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup/230ml of oat milk unsweetened
- 2 tbsps of oats rolled
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter unsweetened
- Using a high-speed blender, add all the ingredients to the blender and blitz until smooth. For about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!