I love eating peaches and of course, drinking peach smoothies, but today I wanted to make a different peach smoothie than my usual yogurt peach smoothie.
I made a peach smoothie recipe without yogurt. The reason was simple, I simply didn’t have yogurt in my fridge, and to be honest, I fancied something that’s dairy-free.
This peach smoothie recipe is ready in under 5 minutes and it’s as thick and indulgent as if you were to make it with yogurt!
What Can You Use Instead of Yogurt In a Smoothie?
Have you ever wondered what is a good substitute for yogurt in smoothies? I did too, which is why I did a lot of research, then tested and made tons of smoothie recipes without yogurt.
So, I find out what the best substitutes for yogurt are, so here’s the list:
- Frozen Fruit
- Baked or Boiled Sweet potato
- Frozen Vegetables Such As Cauliflower And Broccoli
- Nut Butter
- Cream Cheese or Dairy Free Alternatives To Yogurt And Cream Cheese
- Coconut Milk From a Can
Honestly, you really don’t need yogurt to make tasty smoothies!
Benefits of Peach Smoothie
The benefits of this delicious peach beverage are so many. It’s not only tasty, but it contains so many nutrients too.
Here’s the breakdown of the health benefits of drinking a peach smoothie:
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Peaches are packed with vitamins A and C, promoting eye health and boosting the immune system. The use of berries also contains vitamin C, as well as manganese, and antioxidants, supporting heart health and skin health.
- Rich In Fiber: The smoothie contains high amounts of fiber, which aid digestion and improve gut health.
- Weight Management: The fiber and healthy fats in the smoothie may contribute to a feeling of fullness, potentially aiding in weight loss by curbing hunger.
- Energy Boost: The natural sugars from the fruits provide a quick energy source, and the balanced nutrients support sustained energy levels.
And many other benefits too!
Ingredients You Will Need To Make Peach Smoothie Recipe Without Yogurt
The ingredients I selected to make this berry peach smoothie were the perfect mix of ingredients, that allows you to achieve the same consistency that you would achieve with using yogurt.
All ingredients used are clean and mostly natural, resulting in a tasty and healthy drink.
Here’s an overview of the ingredients:
Peaches blend so well, help sweeten smoothies, and also provide numerous vitamins and minerals, as well as other nutrients too.
You can use either fresh or frozen peaches, just make sure they are pitted.
Some people dislike the ‘fuzzy’ skin of the peaches, if that is the case, use nectarines instead.
Alternatively, you can simply peel the skin of the peach, but I do recommend that you keep it, because the skin of many fruits contains many nutrients, especially fiber.
#2. Frozen Berries
Personally, I used frozen raspberries, but you can use any berry you like or have at home ready to be used.
The combination of berries and peaches works really well together. Furthermore, the nutritional values are much more enhanced, especially when it comes to the Vitamin content in this smoothie.
#3. Frozen Bananas
Bananas are a great alternative to yogurt, because of their texture. Since this smoothie is made with no yogurt, I needed to use a thickening and creamy element to this smoothie.
Bananas are also sweet and work really well with peaches too.
#4. Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are a superfood that is so well paired with smoothies. They also help thicken smoothies, but most importantly, provide an abundance of nutrients.
Rich in fiber, protein, and Omega-3 fatty acids, these little seeds will give your healthy smoothie a wonderful health boost!
The use of ice just makes every beverage taste better. The coolness and freshness simply elevate this smoothie, but also help thicken it too.
#6. Vanilla Almond Milk
I love making my own homemade almond milk at home, but making it yourself is optional.
There are many vanilla almond milk brands you can buy in the grocery store.
I used vanilla almond milk because vanilla and peaches work so well together. Furthermore, almond milk is low in calories, which helps keep the calories of this smoothie to a minimum.
How To Make a Peach Banana Smoothie Without Yogurt
Here’s what you will need to do to make this strawberry peach smoothie without yogurt:
- Prepare your peach, by washing the peach, removing the pit, and dicing it.
- Measure the right quantities of the rest of the ingredients carefully.
- Add the ingredients to a blender, and blend until completely smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Variations And Substitutions of This Recipe
There are some ingredients you can replace for others, just in case you may have slightly different preferences.
Here are some of the alternatives:
- Instead of bananas, you can use mango instead. Mango and peaches work so well together, so mango would be a great replacement!
- For a fresher and more aromatic taste, feel free to add a couple of fresh mint leaves to the blender.
- If you are allergic to nuts, using oat or coconut milk instead of almond milk would be a fantastic substitute.
Peach Smoothie Recipe Without Yogurt
- 1 Blender I used this one
- 1 large peach pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen banana chunks
- 1/2 cup/75g ice cubes
- 200 ml vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Prepare all your ingredients and measure them carefully and correctly as listed in the ingredient list.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth. For about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!