This is a refreshing strawberry and lime smoothie made with only a handful of healthy ingredients.
Strawberry and lime is an all-time combo classic. But in a smoothie? It definitely works as well!
Benefits Of Strawberry Lime Smoothie
This strawberry lime smoothie has detox properties, it’s refreshing and it can hydrate your body in a delicious way.
You should really consume more lime juice in your diet since it’s really high in antioxidants and vitamin C.
Lime juice also boosts immunity, prevents kidney stones, and aids the absorption of iron.
Here are some more benefits of drinking this strawberry lime drink:
- Rich in Vitamin C: The strawberries and lime juice provide a good amount of Vitamin C, which is essential for immune function, skin health, and antioxidant protection
- High in Fiber: The chia seeds and strawberries in this berry smoothie are good sources of fiber, which aids in digestion, helps regulate blood sugar levels, and can contribute to a feeling of fullness.
- It’s Antioxidant Rich: The strawberries, lime, and even the mint offer various antioxidants which can help in combating oxidative stress in the body.
- Hydration: The water and lime juice used in this smoothie contribute to hydration, which is important for nearly every function in the body.
- It’s High In Omega-3 Fatty Acids: The chia seeds used are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are known for their anti-inflammatory effects and may improve heart health.
- Detox Properties: This smoothie may assist your liver in the detoxification process.
How To Make Strawberry Lime Smoothie:
This strawberry lime smoothie recipe requires only a handful of healthy ingredients.
Here they are below:
- Frozen Strawberries
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Cold Water
- Chia Seeds
- Ice Cubes
- Fresh Mint (optional)
All the ingredients are added to a high-speed blender starting with the lime juice and frozen berries, then follow with the other ingredients. Blend until smooth.
Serve and drink immediately.
How To Customize This Smoothie
There are so many changes you can make to this recipe, that may better suit your taste, or possibly ingredients that you have that my recipe doesn’t contain.
Here are the options:
- For a strawberry banana lime smoothie, add 1/2 ripe banana sliced to your blender as an addition with the other ingredients.
- The lime can be replaced for lemon instead.
- You can replace the strawberries altogether and use a different berry. Raspberries can be a great replacement.
- For more flavor and nutrition, instead of using plain water, use coconut water or dairy-free milk.
- If you want to achieve a stronger tasting tropical flavor, consider adding a bit of mango or pineapple. 1/4 cup is plenty!
- For a cocktail drink, add a couple of shots of white rum, it works so well with the fruity taste of this smoothie.
How To Store This Berry Smoothie
Since the smoothie contains frozen fruit, it doesn’t store very well.
However, once the smoothie is blended, make sure you refrigerate it immediately.
I use those gym style water bottles to transfer the blended smoothie, because the lid closes tightly.
Once the smoothie is transferred, refrigerate it, and consume the smoothie within 24 hours, ensuring you shake it well before consumption!
More Berry Smoothie Recipes:
Refreshing Strawberry And Lime Smoothie
- 1 cup/150g frozen strawberries
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 cup/220ml of cold water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or oats
- 2 ice cubes
- 2-3 leaves of mint optional
- Prepare your ingredients; juice the lime, measure the rest of the ingredients.
- Grab a blender or a nutribullet.
- Add the lime juice and frozen strawberries, followed by the rest of the ingredients, including the mint if using.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes until smooth.
- Serve and drink immediately.