This delicious peanut butter weight loss smoothie is vegan friendly and is made without banana!
Indulge in this satisfying peanut butter smoothie and lose weight.
For recipe details and variations, please scroll past the recipe!Print
- 1 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 1 meduim-sized pear (cored)
- 1 cup of oat milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp of oats
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend everything until completely smooth.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Best consumed straight away. I like to drink this smoothie for breakfast as a meal replacement.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 22
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 50
- Fiber: 9.6
- Protein: 10.1
Keywords: healthy peanut butter smoothies, peanut butter smoothie, smoothie, smoothie for weight loss, weight loss peanut butter smoothie, weight loss smoothie
Benefits of Peanut Butter Smoothie For Weight Loss
The main benefit of this peanut butter smoothie is the weight loss effects.
However, that’s not all this smoothie has to offer; the smoothie is made using a blend of healthy ingredients which can benefit your health in many ways.
Here are the benefits of drinking this peanut butter smoothie for belly fat loss:
- Rich in Fiber: The smoothie is rich in fiber, thanks to the pear, oats and peanut butter. It helps in digestion and promotes satiety.
- Healthy Fats: The peanut shake offers mono- and polyunsaturated fats which are great for brain and heart health.
- Rich In Various Vitamins: The smoothie contains a mix of vitamins like Vitamin C, which is great for immune support.
- Sustained Energy: The balanced macros in the drink can provide your body with lasting sustained energy.
- Supports Weight Loss: The smoothie is rich in healthy fats, fiber and protein; these properties can help you feel full for longer, which is crucial for weight-loss.
- Antioxidant Properties: The cinnamon and pear used in the drink contain antioxidants.
Optional Ingredient Substitutions & Add-ins:
There are some substitutions you can make to this peanut butter smoothie for weight loss, in order to customize it to your taste.
Here are some options:
- You can use other fruit than pears, for example mango can work really well.
- Instead of oat milk, feel free to use almond milk instead. Just make sure it’s unsweetened.
- If you struggle to digest oats, use chia or flaxseeds instead.
- For a creamier smoothie with probiotics, add 1/3 cup of yogurt to the recipe. Just note that yogurt will increase the calories of the smoothie, but will promote satiety even more.
- For a healthy satisfying chocolate drink, add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to the recipe. It will add a nice gentle touch of chocolate taste.
Community Commonly Asked Questions And Answers
I published this smoothie on my Pinterest account, and I received quite a lot of comments with questions.
Here are the most common questions and their answers:
Are Peanut Butter Smoothies Fattening?
Whether peanut butter smoothies a fattening will depend on several factors. If you add too much peanut butter, then yes, it will be fattening, if you add minimal amounts, then no, it won’t be. This also applies for what other ingredients you mix with peanut butter. Excess of anything can be fattening, even lettuce. It all comes down to portion control. Peanut butter can be an amazing addition to your smoothies, just make sure you don’t add too much.
How Is Peanut Butter Shake Good For Weight Loss?
Peanut butter shakes can be as good for bodybuilding as for weight loss. The reason why peanut butter can be effective for weight loss is because of its high amount of fat and protein content. Both of these tend to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Furthermore, it all goes down to the overall calories you intake for the day, and how much of those you burn off, either via exercising or just daily activities.
How Much Peanut Butter Can I Eat a Day For Weight Loss?
Between 1 and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, a day is plenty if you want to lose weight. Remember, peanut butter is a high-calorie food, so if you want to lose weight and still eat peanut butter, keep consumption to a minimum. The good thing about adding peanut butter to your weight loss diet is the fact that it will keep you full for longer, making you less miserable and hungry during the process.
What Is The Best Time To Drink Peanut Butter Smoothie To Lose Weight?
The best time to drink this peanut butter smoothie is for breakfast, ideally as a meal replacement.