Quick and easy apple and orange smoothie that is so delicious and a great way to use some of the leftover fruit in your fruit basket!
All you need is 3 simple ingredients (with options to upgrade the smoothie of course), which creates a refreshing blend full of vitamins.
Benefits of Apple Orange Smoothie
Since I only used 3 simple healthy ingredients to make this smoothie, naturally the smoothie will provide you with some benefits.
Oranges are naturally high in vitamin C, making this smoothie particularly good for boosting your immune system.
However, this smoothie has many other benefits to offer, such as:
- Vitamin & Mineral Rich: This drink provides essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C from the orange, which is known for its immune-boosting properties, and various nutrients from the apple.
- Tasty Source of Hydration: Coconut water helps keep you hydrated, making it an excellent choice for replenishing fluids.
- Contains Antioxidants: Oranges and apples are rich in antioxidants, which can help keep your body healthy in various different ways.
- Aids Digestive Health: Apples contain dietary fiber, which can aid digestion and promote a feeling of fullness. This can help with regular bowel movements and overall gut health.
- A Natural Energy Source: The natural sugars in the orange and apple can provide a quick source of energy, making this smoothie a good choice for a natural energizer!
- It’s Low in Calories: This smoothie is likely to be relatively low in calories, making it a healthy option for those looking to manage their weight.
How To Make Apple And Orange Smoothie:
This orange juice apple drink doesn’t need a lot of effort in terms of preparing it.
These are the 3-ingredients you will need:
1. Sweet Fresh Orange
2. Fresh Sweet Apples
3. Coconut Water
The method is simple- wash, dice, and core the apple. The orange is peeled and the seeds are removed. Then the orange is segmented.
The final step is to add all of the 3 ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth; for about 3-4 minutes.
Optional Recipe Upgrades
The recipe I am sharing with you today for an apple and orange juice smoothie contains only 3 ingredients.
Even with the low amount of ingredients, the smoothie is still very tasty, however, you might want to upgrade it by adding more ingredients.
Here are some options:
- Add a tablespoon of seeds or oats. I have made this recipe before and added chia seeds as the 4th ingredient. It worked very well.
- Add some nuttiness and make the smoothie a bit more filling by adding a tablespoon of nut butter, such as peanut or almond butter.
- Add 1/2 cup of frozen berries for a thicker and a more nutrient dense smoothie. Mixed berries can work wonderfully.
- For some healthy fat in the smoothie, add 1//3 avocado. The avocado will add creaminess to the smoothie, along with some fiber too.
- Add 1/2 ripe banana for a thicker and potassium richer smoothie.
Smoothie With Apple And Orange Commonly Asked Questions:
What Is The Best Time To Drink Smoothies With Apples And Oranges?
Replacing your usual sugar-filled fruit juice with a fiber-rich apple and orange smoothie for breakfast is the best time to drink it.
Can We Mix Apple And Orange Together?
Oranges and apples can be mixed together, and they complement each other quite well in terms of taste and benefits.
How Do I Store Leftover Orange And Apple Smoothies?
The best way to store leftover smoothie is to pour the blended mixture into a portable smoothie or water bottle, and tightly sealing the lid. Refrigerate and consume within 2 days.
More Apple And Orange Smoothie Recipes:
3-Ingredients Apple And Orange Smoothie
- 1/2 large orange
- 1 medium sized apple
- 1 cup/250ml of coconut water
- The apple is washed, cored, and diced. The orange is peeled and the seeds removed. Then the orange is segmented.
- All the ingredients are added to a blender and blended for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!