Smoothie recipe high in iron for those people who need to increase their iron intake.
Iron is an important mineral that our bodies need. Iron is particularly essential for our blood. There are many people suffering from Anemia, so iron is an essential mineral that everyone should be taking, at least if possible through their diet.
We did a little research to find the best foods that are high in iron, so we can make this perfect iron-rich smoothie.
A lot of people take supplements in order to get the iron they need, but as we all know, it’s always best to get your nutrients and minerals through food.
How Do You Add Iron To a Smoothie?
The best way to add iron to your smoothies is to add ingredients naturally high in iron. Here’s what we used:
- Spinach – Spinach is not only high in protein, but it contains a decent amount of iron too. No wonder why it’s classified as a superfood. Spinach contains 2.6 milligrams of iron per 100 grams – impressive, huh?
- Pistachios – Pistachios are the only nut containing the highest amount of iron. They are not just delicious, they are a godsend for those people who need iron. They contain 14mg of iron per 100g.
- Strawberries – who doesn’t like strawberries? These red beautiful berries contain iron, but also a high amount of Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps the absorption of iron.
- Dried Apricots – Dried fruit in general is high in iron. Apricots contain 6.3 mg of iron per 100 grams
We combined these incredible high-iron foods and created the ultimate smoothie, that is packed with the iron your body needs.
The smoothie contains 7mg of iron in one serving. Pretty decent!
What Can I Drink to Increase My Iron?
Smoothies are an incredible way to add more iron to your diet. They are easy to drink and typically contain natural amounts of iron found in food.
Prune juice is another great way to add more iron to your diet.
How Can I Raise My Iron Levels Quickly?
If you are suffering from iron deficiency, the best way to get a boost of iron is to either take a supplement or eat a juicy steak.
However, it’s always best to see your doctor if you struggle with low iron levels. Your doctor is the best person to advise you on how to get your iron.
How To Make a Smoothie High In Iron
You will need:
2. Pistachio Nuts
3. Dried Apricots
5. Coconut Water
To make this iron-rich smoothie, add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz until smooth.
More Smoothie Recipes:
1. Easy High Protein Smoothie Recipes
2. High Protein Egg White Smoothie
3. Watermelon Protein Smoothie
Anyway, we hope you like this recipe as much as we do!
We hope you like this refreshing nutritious spinach smoothie recipe high in iron. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Smoothie Recipe High In Iron
- 1 Blender we use this one
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cup/75g of strawberries
- 1/2 cup/125ml of coconut water
- 4 dried apricots
- 2 tbsp of pistachio nuts
- Wash the spinach. Then add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blitz until smooth.
- Note: if the apricots are too dry, soak them in hot water for 5 minutes to soften up.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 11 Best Smoothie Bowl Toppings [With Recipe] - May 29, 2023
- Dates Smoothie For Weight Loss - May 29, 2023
- Is Premier Protein Good For You: Answered - May 28, 2023