3-Ingredients overnight oat smoothie that’s loaded with complex carbs, protein, and fiber!
Super easy to make, and it’s perfect for a quick filling breakfast. All you need to do is soak the oats and dates overnight, then blend the next morning. That’s it.
I am sure you are probably familiar with what overnight oats are. It’s basically leaving oats overnight soaked in different flavors.
I kept things simple here – I literally soaked the oats with water and a couple of dates. The next morning I blended them with a touch of cinnamon.
Simple, delicious, healthy, and perfect for breakfast. If you are someone who is busy, then this meal prep smoothie is for you.
This delicious overnight oat smoothie recipe is also suitable for people with diabetes. We have barely any sweetness added to this smoothie, except for a couple of dates. All-natural food here, and none processed.
These delicious overnight oats shakes are 100% dairy-free and vegan too!
Can You Make An Overnight Smoothie?
Yes, it’s absolutely possible to make overnight smoothies. In fact, it’s a great way to meal prep your smoothies ahead of time, saving you time.
There are a few ways to make overnight smoothies; prepare the ingredients ready to be blended, or blend ahead of time, and pour each smoothie into individual bottles, ready to be taken in the morning.
Either way, making overnight smoothies have many benefits.
Benefits of Overnight Oats Smoothie For Weight Loss
Overnight blended oat smoothie has many benefits. Apart from being a great easy breakfast that can also aid weight loss, this overnight oats shake recipe has so much more to offer.
Here is an overview of the benefits of this oat shake:
- High in Fiber: The smoothie aids in digestion and helps maintain healthy bowel movements.
- Rich in Nutrients: Contains essential vitamins and minerals that contribute to overall health and wellness.
- Energy Boosting: Offers a sustained release of energy, ideal for fueling physical activities or starting the day.
- Low in Fat: Supports weight management and heart health with its low-fat content. Oats are great for the heart, and this is widely known.
How To Make This 3-Ingredients Overnight Oat Smoothie:
You will need the following ingredients:
- Steel Cut Oats
- Pitted Dates
The oats and dates are soaked overnight, and the next day everything is blended until completely smooth.
That’s it! This breakfast drink is super simple. I love, love, having this smoothie for breakfast, and I think you will too!
Optional Variations Of This Overnight Oats Recipe
If you want to be more adventurous and want more flavor, you can add additional things.
Here are some options:
- For more sweetness, add a touch of maple syrup
- For a chocolatey flavor, add a tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- If you want to add more vitamins and minerals, add some fruit like blueberries.
- For extra protein, consider adding a scoop of protein powder before blending.
We hope you like this 3-ingredients overnight oat smoothie recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
3-Ingredients Overnight Oat Smoothie
- 1 cup/90g of steel-cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups/320ml of water
- 4-5 dates pitted
- Mix all the ingredients together and put them in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!