Simple, easy and quick 3-ingredients pineapple smoothie for an instant boost of nutrition and refreshment.
This pineapple smoothie tastes like a tropical paradise in a glass. So refreshing and deliciously sweet. it’s thick and sweet. Just delicious.
For recipe tips, smoothie benefits, variations, and more, scroll past the recipe should you want to!
3-Ingredients Pineapple Smoothie (3 Ways)
- 1 Blender or a Nutribullet
- 1 cup/150g frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 small ripe banana peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup/120ml of cold water or dairy-free milk
- Prepare your ingredients and measure them as listed.
- Blend the pineapple in a blender with the banana, and cold water until smooth.
- Fill a tall glass with ice, if you like, pour the smoothie and serve immediately.
The Benefits Of This Easy 3-Ingredient Pineapple Smoothie
This pineapple smoothie with water only has 3-ingredients, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have any benefits.
The smoothie is a wonderful source of energy, and it can be effective for weight loss if you use it as a meal replacement smoothie.
More benefits of this smoothie include:
- Vitamin C Boost: Rich in vitamin C from pineapple, it helps support immune function and skin health.
- Potassium Intake: The banana in the smoothie contributes potassium, essential for heart and muscle function.
- Natural Hydration: The water content aids in hydration for overall well-being.
- Dietary Fiber: The pineapple drink provides a moderate amount of fiber which is good for digestive health and more.
- Low-Calorie Option: A relatively low-calorie choice for a guilt-free treat. The smoothie is a good choice for people trying to lose weight.
- Natural Sugars: Sweetness from natural sugars in fruits, a healthier alternative to added sugars.
- Convenient and Quick: Easy and quick to prepare, making it a convenient on-the-go snack or breakfast.
Weight Loss 3-Ingredients Pineapple Smoothie: 3 Ways
I developed 3 different ways of making this pineapple smoothie.
So, if you find that the listed recipe isn’t to your liking, you can try these 2 other ways you want:
#1. Yogurt 3-Ingredients Pineapple Smoothie
The first variation of this smoothie is to use yogurt instead of banana. This is only possible if you are not vegan.
The method and ingredients are as follows:
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks.
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt.
- 1/4 cup water or liquid of choice (double pineapple for example by using pineapple juice).
- Add the frozen pineapple first to a blender or a nutribullet, followed by the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth, for about 3-4 minutes.
#2. Tripple Tropical 3-Ingredient Pineapple Smoothie
This variation is my sister’s favorite. If you love tropical flavors, you may enjoy this variations better than the other 2.
- 1 cup frozen pineapple slices.
- 1/2 cup mango slices (fresh or frozen).
- 1/2 cup coconut water or coconut milk.
- Always start by adding the frozen fruit to your blender first, so they are closer to your blades.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve and drink up!
Other Tips And Ingredient Swaps:
I was asked by a few people whether they can use different forms of pineapple.
Yes is the answer, you can use canned pineapple, fresh, and even pineapple juice to make this easy pineapple smoothie for weight loss.
Here are the quantities for each type of pineapple:
- Use 1 cup of drained canned pineapple along with the same quantities of the other ingredients listed.
- For a double pineapple (chunks and pineapple juice) use 1 cup of frozen pineapple as the original recipe states, but swap the water for pineapple juice.
- If you use fresh pineapple instead of frozen, the quantity is the same – 1 cup.
- The quantity for pineapple sorbet should be 1 1/2 cups.
Commonly Asked Questions From The Smoothie Community
Other common questions I received on my Instagram when I shared the recipe include:
Is The 3-Ingredient Pineapple Juice Good For Weight Loss?
This pineapple smoothie is low in calories (130 per serving) making ideal for weight loss, especially if consumed as a meal replacement.
Can I Use Milk Instead Of Water?
Yes, you can most certainly use milk instead of water, however, do note that if you use dairy milk, the smoothie will not be suitable for vegans.
What Can I Use Instead of Banana?
The banana can be substituted for mango, papaya, or even yogurt.
When Is The Best Time To Drink This Pineapple Smoothie?
Any time of the day is good for this smoothie to be consumed. However, it is best consumed as soon as it's blended for the best taste. The smoothie contains frozen fruit, which creates a cooling and refreshing taste.