Chocolate protein shakes have got to be one of the most popular choices for bodybuilders. You get your chocolate fix, and your protein, how awesome is that?
So, if you are looking for chocolate smoothie recipes, you have got to try this protein chocolate smoothie!
Are Chocolate Protein Shakes Healthy?
Chocolate protein shakes can be quite good for you, especially if you use good-quality protein powder.
Chocolate shakes are an effective way to boost your energy too, which can help you get through your workouts.
They are an easy and quick way to get your protein and calories in. They can be quite heavy on calories, so it might be worth watching that when you drink chocolate shakes.
How Do You Make Chocolate Protein Taste Good?
You have probably had a protein shake that just tastes awful…it’s artificial and unpleasant to drink.
So, what can you do to make your chocolate shakes taste better?
Here’s what to do:
- Change The Protein Powder (if possible, avoid using protein powders with artificial sweeteners)
- Add Fruit (bananas are amazing, but if you don’t like bananas, add frozen berries)
- Add Nut Butter (For extra creaminess)
- Add a Touch Of Sweetness (Honey, date syrup, etc)
- Add Dried Fruit (Dates, figs, raisins, etc)
And many other things you can do!
Chocolate Avocado Smoothie Benefits
When people drink protein smoothies, obviously, often, their intent is to get protein from them.
But, if they are done well, they can provide much more than just protein.
Here are some benefits:
- Muscle Gain
- Heart Healthy Benefits
- Fiber (Improved Digestion)
- Vitamins & Minerals
- May Aid in Weight Loss
And many others too.
How To Make Chocolate Protein Smoothie Without Banana
You will need:
- Protein Powder
- Almond Milk
You can use any protein powder you like. Obviously, using a chocolate protein powder will elevate the chocolate in this smoothie.
To make this smoothie – just add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz until completely smooth.
More Smoothie Recipes:
We hope you like this tasty easy healthy chocolate protein smoothie with spinach recipe. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik-Tok & Youtube.
Have a great day!
Chocolate Protein Smoothie [Easy]
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 2 tbsp of melted dark chocolate or 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- 3 frozen strawberries
- 1 Handful of spinach washed
- 250 almond milk unsweetened
- Add all the ingredients to your blender jug.
- Process until completely smooth. For about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!