The perfect colon cleanse spinach and ginger smoothie exists, right here. A colon cleanse can be exactly what you need if you are suffering from GI discomfort.
It’s just like hitting the reset button on your colon, but what makes this the best? Let me tell you!
This healthy, and nutritious colon cleanse spinach & ginger smoothie is the perfect way to start your day. It’s easy, quick, tasty, and full of GI-healthy ingredients.
Have you been looking for smoothies for a colon cleanse?
What To Know About This Gut Cleansing Smoothie
The small intestine is the organ whose primary function is to eliminate waste from our body.
It extracts the water and the essential salts that our digestion produces. Moreover, maintaining a healthy colon is the guarantee of good health as its function is vital for other organs to function properly.
Nowadays, the pace of life is increasingly fast, and bad eating habits are all too common. This disrupts the normal functioning of the colon. All of this can lead to many health problems including inflammation, gas, weight gain, etc.
Therefore, if you have been looking for a colon cleanse juice recipe – you have come to the right place!
The avocado is rich in fiber, which helps speed things up. The pineapple is known for its enzymes which help digestion. For best results, we suggest you drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
When Should You Drink A Gut Cleanse Smoothie?
It is best to drink a gut-cleanse smoothie in the morning, on an empty stomach. This allows the ingredients to work more effectively, as there’s less food in the digestive tract to interfere with the cleansing process.
However, you can also enjoy a colon cleanse smoothie as a healthy snack or meal replacement throughout the day.
It’s always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or nutritionist prior to doing any cleanse. They can advise you when is best for you, personally.
What Is The Healthiest Way To Cleanse Your Colon?
Do not use laxatives or any other lab-made products to cleanse your colon. Use natural ingredients, that have a laxative effect.
Typically, foods high in fiber are a great way to detox and cleanse your colon.
Some of these foods include:
- Chia Seeds
And many others too! There are natural foods, that are easily included in your diet.
How To Make Colon Cleanse Spinach And Ginger Detox Smoothie:
Colon Cleanse Drink Recipe Ingredients:
- Lime Juice
- Cashew Nuts – for creaminess
This spinach detox smoothie is done in under 5 minutes. This is how you make it:
- Add the hard-to-blend ingredients, such as spinach, into your blender.
- Blend these first.
- Also, consider pre-soaking your cashew nuts to allow them to be soft enough to blend.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients into your blender and blend thoroughly.
- Add more water as needed.
It is always a good idea to pre-soak nuts and seeds before blending. Doing this makes it easier on your blender.
Hard-to-blend ingredients such as tough leafy cleans are worth blending first. As it makes for an easier blend with less chances of chunks.
Why This Is The Best Gut Cleanse Smoothie: The Benefits.
Many aspects of this smoothie make it the top choice. Here are some reasons why:
- Pineapple is believed to contain Bromelain which is said to contain enzymes that help to digest proteins. This makes digesting tough proteins easier on your colon.
- Lime juice is acidic and it is known that this acid helps to ease constipation.
- Ginger is noted to help ease symptoms of fermentation including constipation, bloating, and gas.
- Spinach contains fiber which helps to make stools regular.
- Avocado contains fiber and potassium which help promote healthy digestion.
- Cashew nuts can help support digestion due to their dietary fiber content. This aids in promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation.
- Water helps digestion by aiding the movement of food through the digestive tract. This assists in the breakdown of food and promotes the absorption of nutrients into the bloodstream.
Colon Cleanse Spinach And Ginger Smoothie Recipe Swaps And Substitutions
- Instead of spinach try kale. Kale has similar properties to spinach. However, it contains more calcium and vitamin C.
- Try green tea in place of water for some additional nutrition and flavor.
- Try banana in place of avocado. Bananas do not contain as many healthy fats but also aid in digestion.
- If you do not like ginger, try using turmeric. While turmeric is not traditionally included in smoothies it is similarly good for digestion with anti-inflammatory properties.
More Gut-Cleansing Smoothie Recipes:
Colon Cleanse Spinach & Ginger Smoothie
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cup/120ml of water
- 1/4 avocado flesh separated from the skin
- ½ lime juice only
- large handful frozen or fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 tsp of ginger powder or 1 tsp of fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blitz. Add more water if needed until you have the desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass cup and serve. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Is The Best Drink To Flush Your Colon?
Lemon water and honey is considered an easy and great way to flush your colon, especially when consumed first thing in the morning.
What Is The Fastest Way To Flush Your Colon
The quickest way to flush out your colon is to drink more water regularly and add more greens and whole grains to your diet. As well as drinking more water, our smoothie can introduce the necessary nutrients to your diet.
What Comes Out During A Colon Cleanse?
Water used in your cleanse and fecal matter will be flushed out of your body. It is also possible that microbes, parasites and toxins could also be flushed out.