This healthy, metabolism-boosting, antioxidant Gut Healthy Protein Blueberry Smoothie is the perfect way to start your day. It’s easy, quick, tasty, and full of antioxidants, protein, and gut-healthy goodness!
The health of our gut doesn’t seem to be taken seriously – when it really, really should.
Gut health and the immune system literally go hand-in-hand.
Poor gut health is also linked to depression and anxiety. (Source) It’s so important we take care of our gut health.
So what makes this smoothie gut healthy?
Collagen! We are obsessed with that stuff. My partner struggles with IBS and skin problems, but when she took collagen for a month – her skin cleared and her flare-ups improved.
At first, we started taking it in our coffee, but then we decided to throw it in our morning smoothie. The collagen we buy is unflavoured and doesn’t change the taste at all, which makes it perfect.
The collagen is also really high on protein – 18g per serving!!
This gut-healthy smoothie itself contains a whopping 28g of protein!
We cannot recommend it enough, get yourself some collagen and improve your digestion, skin, and hair!
How To Make Gut Healthy Smoothie:
You will need:
1. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Powder
2. Frozen Blueberries
3. Chia Seeds
4. Semi-Skimmed Milk
5. Medjool Dates (Optional, for extra sweetness and digestive health)
The method is simple – pit the dates if using, then all the ingredients go in a high-speed blender and are blitzed until smooth. Serve and enjoy! Yum!
Check out some more smoothie recipes:
1.4-Ingredient Gut-Healing Smoothie
2. Immune-Boosting Anti-Cold Smoothie
3. Colon Cleanse Spinach & Ginger Smoothie
We hope you like this Gut Healthy Protein Blueberry Smoothie recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day, and stay hydrated!
Gut Healthy Protein Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 1/4 cups/190g of frozen blueberries
- 2 scoops of Collagen Peptides Powder - Unflavoured We highly recommend using this one
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup /220ml of semi skimmed milk or dairy-free milk if needed
- 2 mejdool dates pitted
- Dice the pitted dates, then add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until completely smooth.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you do buy the recommend collagen, they have a small scoop inside, that's what you will use for your smoothie.
- Ginger Pear Smoothie [Immune-Boosting] - March 28, 2023
- Lime Smoothie [Healthy & Easy] - March 27, 2023
- Chocolate Cottage Cheese Smoothie - March 26, 2023