This Dried Fig Smoothie For Constipation is all you need in the morning on an empty stomach to relieve constipation.
This smoothie for constipation works, due to its high amounts of fiber. This really is the best smoothie for constipation. We highly recommend that you drink this smoothie first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or last thing before bed.
This delicious smoothie is ready in under 10 minutes. It’s naturally dairy-free and vegan.
What To Add To A Smoothie To Help With Constipation:
Fiber, fiber! It really is your best friend when it comes to relieving constipation. Also, it’s essential that you drink plenty of fluids.
In this constipation smoothie recipe we have 3 ingredients that do the job:
1. Dried Figs
3. Coconut Water
Now, let’s break it down… Why are figs good for constipation? – Dried figs contain loads of fiber which can help in a smooth bowel movement. These are also rich in vitamin B6 that can indirectly ease digestion.
Flaxseeds – flaxseeds are a rich source of soluble fiber. Soluble fiber dissolves in water, making stools softer and easier to pass. This helps relieve constipation.
Coconut Water – is there mostly to blend and make everything drinkable, however, it’s also there to hydrate you. When you are constipated, you really need to be drinking more fluids, particularly water. So here’s where the coconut water comes into play.
So this is our formula to quickly get relief from constipation. You can also use dates in the place of the figs, they are also very good in relieving constipation.
More Healing Smoothie Recipes:
1.4-Ingredient Gut-Healing Smoothie
2. Immune-Boosting Anti-Cold Smoothie
3. Colon Cleanse Spinach & Ginger Smoothie
We hope you like this Dried Fig Smoothie For Constipation recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day, and stay hydrated!
Dried Fig Smoothie For Constipation
- 6 dried figs - stems removed
- 1 tbsp of flaxseeds
- 1 cup/220ml of coconut water
- Remove the stems from the figs. Soak the figs in the coconut water for 5 minutes.
- Then add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until completely smooth.
- Serve and enjoy. We recommend you drink this smoothie on an empty stomach for better results.
- Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie - June 7, 2023
- Papaya Pineapple Smoothie [Nutrient-Dense] - June 6, 2023
- Chocolate Protein Shake For Weight Loss - June 5, 2023