Easy spinach and kale smoothie – that’s super green, super healthy, and super easy to make!
Low carb, extra green, and high on fiber, this smoothie will become your new favorite healthy smoothie.
If you are having a debate regarding kale vs spinach in smoothies, why not use both?
Kale And Spinach Smoothie Benefits
Are spinach and kale smoothies good for you? This smoothie contains 4 different greens; kale, spinach, avocado and cucumber. It is bound to be good for you.
The kale spinach smoothie is packed with vitamins and other properties.
Here is a list of the benefits of drinking this green smoothie:
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Spinach and kale provide an array of essential nutrients like Vitamin A, C, K, as well as iron, calcium, and potassium.
- High in Fiber: Some of the ingredients used in this green shake like banana, spinach, kale, and cucumber contribute dietary fiber, which supports digestive health.
- Antioxidant-Rich: Many of the ingredients used in this kale and spinach smoothie are rich in antioxidants, which can help to combat oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Low in Sugar: There is a tiny presence of natural sugars from the banana, but apart from that this drink is a low-sugar option compared to many store-bought smoothies.
- Boosts Immunity: The vitamin-rich composition of the smoothie offers some immune-boosting benefits.
- Skin Health: The various vitamins and minerals in this smoothie may contribute to improved skin health.
- Satiety: The fiber and healthy fats can help you feel fuller for longer, which can assist in weight management when combined with a balanced diet.
How to Make Spinach And Kale Smoothie:
Making this spinach and kale smoothie with almond milk couldn’t be easier.
All you need is a handful of healthy ingredients and a blender.
I used frozen bananas to help thicken the smoothie, which made it a lot more enjoyable!
You will need these ingredients:
- Frozen Banana
- Almond Milk
Recipe Variations And Ingredient Swaps
When I create a smoothie recipe, I love to experiment with different ingredients and create different variations of the same smoothie type.
So, I am going to leave some of my recipe suggestions below for you, in case you find them useful and want to apply them!
- If you don’t like bananas, you can use mango or pineapple instead.
- For an extra thick smoothie, you can use frozen kale and/or spinach.
- If you are nut-free, or don’t have almond milk, coconut water can work greatly in this green smoothie. Alternatively, use another dairy-free milk.
- For a more filling and nutritious smoothie, add a tablespoon of chia seeds.
More Green Smoothie Recipes:
Healthy Spinach And Kale Smoothie
- 1 cup/150g frozen banana slices
- 1 handful of spinach washed
- 1 handful of kale washed
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 1/4 avocado diced
- 1 cup/220ml of dairy free milk unsweetened
- The spinach, cucumber and kale are washed, then all the ingredients are added to a blender and blitzed until smooth.
- Do not blend for longer than 2-3 minutes, otherwise your smoothie will be foamy.
- Serve and enjoy!