This healthy, metabolism-boosting Kidney Health Protein Smoothie is the perfect way to start your day. It’s easy, quick, tasty, and full of kidney-friendly goodness, protein, and fat-burning goodness!
Delicious, sweet, and healthy smoothie recipe you need to try.
So, what makes this smoothie kidney healthy?
Well, the cranberries! I know, I know, it sounds a bit ridiculous, but from someone who suffered from UTI often, cranberry juice really helped me.
These tiny, tart fruits contain phytonutrients called A-type proanthocyanidins, which prevent bacteria from sticking to the lining of the urinary tract and bladder, thus preventing infection.
I found, however, that eating whole cranberries rather than buying juice benefited me even more, so I started making smoothies with whole cranberries.
Of course, followed by some other tips – you can really help your kidney health:
2. Keep An Eye To Your Blood Pressure
3. Try To Eat As Healthy As You Can And Be In a Healthy Weight
4. Drink Plenty Of Fluids, Especially Water
How To Make Kidney-Friendly Smoothie:
You will need:
1. Frozen Cranberries
2. Dairy-free Milk
3. Raw Honey
4. Frozen Banana
5. Silken Tofu (For the protein)
We don’t like protein powders, especially the vegan ones, so we try to stay away from them as much as we can. There’s nothing better than using a plant-based protein source for your smoothies.
The method is super simple – all the ingredients are simply added to a high-speed blender and blitzed until smooth.
Check out some more smoothie recipes:
We hope you like this Kidney Health Protein Smoothie recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Kidney Health Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup/150g of frozen cranberries
- 2 oz/80g of silken tofu
- 1 cup/220ml of dairy-free milk
- 1 small banana pre-cut and frozen.
- 1 tsp of raw honey or maple syrup if vegan
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until compltely smooth.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness if needed to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!