Raspberries and lemons do not only rhyme well together, but they also taste very well together.
We think you will absolutely love this raspberry lemon smoothie because it’s simple and easy to make, but it also tastes incredible.
The smoothie recipe only needs 4 simple healthy ingredients.
Benefits of Lemon Raspberry Smoothie
This zingy smoothie contains a handful of ingredients, but they are also so good for you. Once they are combined, the result is a smoothie full of health benefits.
Let’s take a look at some of them:
- A Great Source Of Vitamin C
- High In Many Other Vitamins And Minerals Too
- Boosts The Immune System
- Aids In Weight Loss
- Rich In Antioxidants (which help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body and protect against oxidative stress.)
- High Fiber (good source of dietary fiber, which aids digestion, promotes a feeling of fullness, and supports healthy bowel movements.)
- Source Of Probiotics (the addition of yogurt introduces probiotics, beneficial bacteria that can help support a healthy gut microbiome and improve digestion.)
And many other benefits too, including increased energy, and the fact that the smoothie is great for breakfast on the go!
Raspberry And Lemon Smoothie Ingredients
The reason why this berry smoothie recipe with lemon is not only easy to make, but tasty and healthy. It’s all because of the ingredients selection.
Here are the ingredients needed to make this lemon smoothie:
Raspberries are one of the few fruits that contain a lot of fiber.
You will need frozen raspberries to make this recipe. Frozen fruit helps thicken smoothies, and just makes smoothies taste so much better.
The lemon cuts through the sweetness of the berries so well and just makes the smoothie tastes much fresher.
We used freshly squeezed lemon juice, avoid using lemon juices from bottles or from concentrates.
#3. Greek Yogurt
Frozen fruit and yogurt blend so well together.
We used unsweetened plain, low-fat Greek yogurt.
#3. Almond Milk
We love using almond milk in smoothies because almond milk is an excellent dairy alternative, that adds protein and creaminess to smoothies.
Furthermore, almond milk is low in calories, making it a wonderful liquid for weight loss smoothies.
We used unsweetened almond milk for our raspberry and lemon smoothie recipe.
How To Make a Raspberry Lemon Smoothie
You will need:
- Frozen Raspberries
- Almond Milk
To make this healthy berry and lemon smoothie – add all the ingredients to a blender, and blend for about 4-5 minutes, until smooth.
Enjoy this smoothie immediately, or take it with you on the go.
Optional Recipe Substitutions
There are a couple of substitutions you can make in this delicious smoothie, just in case you don’t have some of the ingredients listed above.
Here they are:
- For a strawberry version, replace the raspberries with strawberries instead.
- If you are vegan, use vegan yogurt instead of Greek dairy yogurt.
- If you are nut-free, use any other milk of choice.
- You can also use lime instead of lemon in case you like lime more.
We hope you like this creamy and easy lemon juice raspberry smoothie recipe. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Raspberry Lemon Smoothie
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 cup/150g frozen raspberries
- 200 ml almond milk unsweetened
- 2 tbsp yogurt unsweetened and low-fat
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender, and blitz until smooth. For about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!