An apple grape smoothie – that tastes super refreshing and is done in a matter of minutes!
This apple and grape smoothie may not be the most common combo you see these days from smoothies. But, you gotta try it! It works so well.
Apple Grape Smoothie Benefits
This smoothie has many benefits to it. It contains mostly natural whole foods.
I would like to point out, that I did NOT use grape juice. I used real whole grapes. Why? Because grape juice is not healthy or good for you.
Using the grapes directly from the source is what will give you the most benefits and nutrients.
This grape and apple smoothie is also dairy-free and vegan too, making it suitable for almost every diet.
Here are the benefits of this apple and grape smoothie:
- Nutrient-Rich: The smoothie is loaded with vitamins and minerals from the kale, apple, and grapes.
- Antioxidants: Grapes and kale provide antioxidants that may help fight inflammation.
- Fiber Boost: Apple and kale are good sources of fiber, aiding in digestion.
- Energy Boost: The smoothie contains natural sugars from the fruits for which helps boost energy.
- Supports Weight Loss Goals: The smoothie is low in calories and fat, making it a good weight loss snack or breakfast.
Do Apples And Grapes Work Together Well In Smoothies?
Apples and grapes do work well together in a smoothie.
They are both sweet, but offer unique blend of taste, which creates a smoothie that doesn’t just have 1 type of flavor; it’s interesting and something different.
Grapes and apple are both quite watery, so it’s always a good idea to use a thickening ingredient when you combine them both in a smoothie.
Nevertheless, both of these ingredients offer health benefits, and when you combine them, they can bring an abundance of benefits to your smoothies.
How To Make Apple Grape Smoothie Recipe:
This apple smoothie recipe only needs 4 simple healthy ingredients.
This grape smoothie recipe without yogurt is also totally dairy-free and vegan-friendly!
Here they are:
- Green Seedless Grapes
- Apple – I used Gala
- Coconut Water
A handful of ingredients are all you need to make this smoothie with grapes and apples.
Add your ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
Serve this kale apple grape smoothie and enjoy!
Optional Recipe Swaps And Substitutions
There are some swaps you can make to this grape and apple smoothie, just in case you have slightly different preferences of tastes.
Here are the options:
- You can use any type of grape you like, such as black or pink grapes. Just make sure they are seedless.
- Instead of coconut water, use dairy-free milk of choice, almond or oat will work well!
- Instead of kale, you can use spinach.
- For a more nutrient-dense and filling smoothie, consider adding some nut butter too, a tablespoon of almond butter can work great!
More Grape Smoothie Recipes:
Apple Grape Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- 1 medium-sized apple cored and sliced
- 1 cup/150g of green seedless grapes
- 1 cup/250ml of coconut water or use almond milk
- 1 handful of kale washed
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Blending for 4-5 minutes is typically enough.
- Serve and drink up!