This is a delicious blackberry smoothie for weight loss, which not only looks great, but tastes great too!
All you need is 5 simple ingredients to make this blackberry drink. All the ingredients are probably in your house right now!
Is Blackberry Smoothie Good For Weight Loss?
Not all blackberry smoothies or berry smoothies in general are made equal or are good for weight loss.
However, this blackberry smoothie recipe I am sharing with you today is specifically made for weight loss.
Here is why this smoothie is good for weight loss:
- It’s Low in Calories: The smoothie is a great meal replacement option.
- Protein-Packed: The Greek yogurt and protein powder in the smoothie contribute to a lot of protein, and protein helps keep you feeling full.
- Fiber-Boost: Blackberries provide fiber which helps curb appetite.
- Balanced Macronutrients: The balance of macronutrients help stabilize blood sugar and reduce cravings.
More Benefits Of This Blackberry Smoothie
The smoothie isn’t just useful for weight loss, this blackberry drink has a lot more to offer.
Here are some more benefits:
- It’s Very Nutrient-Rich: This smoothie contains a variety of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber, which can contribute to overall health.
- High In Protein: The Greek yogurt and protein powder in the smoothie provide a lot of protein, which is essential for muscle repair and growth.
- The Smoothie Packs a Lot of Fiber: The oats and blackberries used in the smoothie recipe are good sources of fiber, which can aid in digestion.
- Rich In Antioxidants: Blackberries are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants have so many good-for-you properties.
- It’s a Nice Source of Calcium: Greek yogurt is a source of calcium, which is important for bone health.
- Low in Added Sugar: This smoothie is unsweetened, making it a healthier choice compared to many store bought smoothies with added sugars.
- Provides Sustained Energy: The combination of carbohydrates from the oats and blackberries, along with protein from yogurt and protein powder, can provide sustained energy.
- Customizable: You can easily customize this smoothie by adding other ingredients like spinach for more vitamins, chia seeds for added fiber, or a sweetener of your choice if you prefer a sweeter taste.
How To Make Weight Loss Blackberry Smoothie
I made 2 variations of this smoothie, one with frozen blackberries, the other with fresh.
They were both yummy, but the one with frozen blackberries came out a lot thicker and refreshing.
So it’s totally up to you which type you would want to use.
Here are the 5 ingredients you will need for the recipe:
- Greek Yogurt
- Protein Powder
- Oat Milk
Here are the steps to making the smoothie:
- If using frozen blackberries, add them first to your blender, since they will be the most difficult ingredient to break down.
- Next, add your oats, they are also difficult to blend, so need to be closer to the blades.
- Finally, add the rest of the ingredients in no particular order.
- Blend until smooth, for about 2-4 minutes, depending on the power of your blender or Nutribullet.
- Serve this belly fat burning smoothie with blackberries in your favorite smoothie cups or bottles and enjoy!
There are so many different ways you can make this smoothie. Blackberries work with many ingredients, so it’s easy to pair it.
Here are some smoothie customizations you can make:
- Swap the oats for chia seeds for extra protein and omega-3s fatty acids.
- The oat milk can be replaced for almond milk, which is a much lower calorie liquid.
- I used unsweetened and unflavored protein powder, but you can use vanilla one if that is what you have or like.
- For a vegan smoothie, make sure you use vegan protein powder and vegan yogurt (coconut yogurt works great)
- For more added nutrients, add a handful of spinach to your blender along with the rest of the ingredients.
Blackberry Smoothie Commonly Asked Questions:
What Is The Best Time To Drink a Weight Loss Smoothie With Blackberries?
The best to drink the smoothie for weight loss is for breakfast as a meal replacement. It will help keep you feeling full and curb cravings for unhealthy sugary food.
What Goes Well With Blackberries In a Smoothie
Some of the best ingredients that go well with blackberries are yogurt, peanut butter, banana, chia seeds, coconut, mango, pineapple, and lime.
How Do I Store Leftover Blackberry Smoothie?
Once the blackberry smoothie is blended, transfer it into a portable smoothie bottle or a water bottle, and tightly close the lid. Refrigerate the smoothie immediately and consume it within 2 days.
More Blackberry Smoothie Recipes:
- Blackberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Raspberry Blackberry Smoothie
- Banana Blackberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Blackberry Smoothie
Blackberry Smoothie For Weight Loss
- 1 Blender I used this one
- 1 cup/150g frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup/120g Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp oats
- 2/3 cup/150ml unsweetened oat milk
- 1 small scoop of unsweetened and unflavored protein powder
- Measure your ingredients as listed.
- Add the blackberries and oats to your blender or nutribullet first, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend for about 2-4 minutes, until you achieve a creamy and smooth consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!