A delicious strawberry blackberry smoothie that’s so colorful, nutritious, and easy to make.
If you have blackberries and strawberries at home, make this smoothie, it can work great for breakfast or as a snack – any time of the day!
Strawberry Blackberry Smoothie Benefits
Even though this blackberry drink only contains 4 ingredients, it packs a lot of benefits.
From boosting your energy to aiding digestion.
Here are some more of them:
- Antioxidant Boost: The strawberries and blackberries are rich in antioxidants, which can contribute to overall health.
- High In Vitamin C: Both strawberries and blackberries are excellent sources of vitamin C, which supports your immune system, skin health, and overall well-being.
- High In Dietary Fiber: The chia seeds and berries used in the drink contribute to the dietary fiber, which promotes digestive health and helping you feel full.
- Contains Healthy Fats: Chia seeds provide healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for heart and brain health.
- Contains Plant-Based Protein: Chia seeds are the source of plant-based protein in this blackberry and strawberry drink.
- Contains Iron: The chia seeds and blackberries contain iron, which is crucial for oxygen transport in the body.
- Vegan and Dairy-Free: The smoothie is suitable for those following a vegan or dairy-free diet.
How To Make Strawberry Blackberry Smoothie
This smoothie contains no yogurt, no banana, and no dairy, and only requires 4 ingredients.
These are the ingredients you are going to need:
- Fresh Blackberries
- Frozen Strawberries
- Coconut Water
- Chia Seeds
The steps of making this blackberry and strawberry smoothie are:
- Grab a blender or a nutribullet.
- Add the frozen berries to your blender first, followed by the other ingredients. You want the most difficult to blend ingredients near the blades.
- Blend until smooth, the blending of my smoothie took roughly 3 minutes. How long you blend the smoothie would depend on the power of your blender.
- You can also pour the double berry smoothie over ice, for even more freshness.
Recipe Ingredient Swaps And Customizations
What I love about blackberry smoothies is how well easily they can be customized.
Blackberries and strawberries work very well with many different ingredients. So, when it comes to swapping ingredients and changing the recipe, it’s so easy.
Here are some customization options for you:
- A lot of my readers struggle to find coconut water, so if that’s the case, you can use dairy-free milk of choice instead.
- For a thicker smoothie, you can use both frozen strawberries and blackberries. In my recipe, I only used frozen strawberries, the blackberries were fresh.
- For a richer and a more filling smoothie, add a tablespoon of nut butter. Almond butter can work great!
- If you don’t mind bananas, you can add 1/2 banana for a thicker and sweeter smoothie.
- If you are no vegan, feel free to add 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt. Yogurt will add creaminess and protein to your drink.
More Blackberry Smoothie Recipes:
- Blackberry Smoothie For Weight Loss
- Banana Blackberry Smoothie
- Raspberry Blackberry Smoothie
- Blackberry Pineapple Smoothie
Strawberry Blackberry Smoothie (4-Ingredients)
- 1 Blender
- 1 cup/150g frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup/75g fresh blackberries
- 1 cup/250ml of dairy free milk I used almond
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or a nutribullet starting with the frozen berries.
- Blend until you achieve a smooth consistency. The blending should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!