Post-holiday slump is a real thing, but a good way to combat that is by drinking a holiday detox smoothie, tailored to get you back on track.
Holiday Detox Smoothie
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1/2 cup/125ml coconut water
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen blueberries
- 1 handful of spinach washed
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 kiwi peeled of unpeeled, however you like it.
- 1 tbsp of Detox Blend Powder I used this one
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender starting with the frozen blueberries, followed by the other ingredients.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes, until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Pour the blended smoothie onto a cup, and drink up!
What Does This Holiday Detox Smoothie Do?
What are the benefits of this detox holiday drink?
This smoothie even though only has 6 simple ingredients, has so many benefits to offer.
The most important of all is the energy and immune boost. After a holiday, eating and drinking too much, it is natural to feel sluggish, tired, and have a weakened immune system.
Some more benefits of this detox smoothie include:
- Hydration Boost:
- Coconut water in this vacation detox smoothie provides essential electrolytes for rehydration after holiday indulgence.
- Antioxidant Power:
- The blueberries and spinach used in the detox drink are rich in antioxidants, aiding in detoxification and reducing oxidative stress.
- Vitamin C Cleanse:
- Lime and kiwi contribute vitamin C, supporting the immune system and enhancing detox processes.
- Ultra Detoxing:
- The Detox Blend Powder used in the recipe enhances the smoothie’s detoxifying properties, promoting cleansing after lots of junk food and alcohol consumption.
- Nutrient-Rich Cleansing:
- Spinach and kiwi offer nutrients that help support the liver and digestive health for a post-holiday detox.
- Refreshing Energy:
- The smoothie is a revitalizing blend that provides a refreshing energy boost, making it ideal for post-celebration recovery.
- Gut Health Support:
- The fiber in kiwi and spinach promotes digestive health, aiding in the elimination of toxins from the body.
Optional Recipe Variations
Whenever I develop any smoothie recipe, I also test out different variations using different ingredients.
So if you want to try some of the other variations of this smoothie, below you will find ideas for ingredient swaps or add-ins:
- For a lower-sugar smoothie, swap the blueberries for avocado which contains healthy fats and fiber.
- The spinach can be substituted for kale, beet greens, or chard.
- If you don’t like detox powders, swap the detox powder for matcha powder, or simply use chia seeds.
- Kiwi is a great source of Vitamin C, but its alternative would be orange or mango.
- Add probiotics to the smoothie for an even higher digestive health boost by adding 1/3 cup of yogurt to the recipe.
- Make the smoothie more filling and rich by adding a tablespoon of nut butter. I have tested cashew butter and it worked very well in the recipe.
- Swap the coconut water for other dairy-free milk. Coconut milk from a carton is what I used and it still gave it that refreshing coconut taste.
Popular Questions And Answers From The Community
Some of the questions I received I will also answer here in this recipe post, for anyone new who is reading the recipe and may have the same questions.
If you have any other questions regarding the recipe, do not hesitate to contact me!
When Should I Drink This Holiday Detox Smoothie?
The best time to drink this holiday detox smoothie is for breakfast and in the afternoon, just before you start feeling the afternoon slump.
Is This Smoothie Good For Weight Loss?
The smoothie is very low in calories, which makes it an excellent drink for weight loss. It can also help you lose water weight, which can help you lose weight quickly in the short-term.
What Are The Possible Effects Of This Smoothie?
The smoothie can help debloat you, by helping your body get rid of any water it's holding onto. Furthermore, the smoothie can also help you poop, which in itself can help your stomach appear flatter. On top of that, the smoothie is a great energy booster.