Tropical matcha mango smoothie – that tastes refreshing and will wake you up and give you a burst of energy almost instantly.
Make this smoothie for breakfast today!
Mango Matcha Drink Benefits
I used 4 natural healthy ingredients to make this green smoothie. For that reason the smoothie offers several benefits.
Here are some of the main benefits of drinking this smoothie:
- Antioxidant Boost: Matcha green tea powder is rich in antioxidants, particularly catechins, which can help protect your cells from oxidative damage.
- A Boost of Vitamins and Minerals: The smoothie includes vitamins and minerals from multiple sources. Mango provides vitamin A and vitamin C, while matcha green tea contains vitamins A and C as well. Coconut water contributes potassium, which is essential for proper muscle and nerve function.
- Tasty Source of Hydration: Coconut water is an excellent natural source of electrolytes, making it a good choice for staying hydrated.
- High In Fiber: The smoothie contains high amounts of fiber, which can promote digestive health and help you feel full for longer.
- Boosts Energy: The natural sugars from the mango and the caffeine in matcha green tea can provide a gentle energy boost.
- Contains Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Chia seeds are a source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can support heart and brain health.
- Aids Weight Loss: The fiber and protein in the green smoothie can contribute to feelings of fullness. Furthermore, the smoothie is relatively low in calories.
- Possible Detoxification: Matcha green tea may help with detoxification due to its antioxidant content.
- Digestive Regularity: The fiber in in the smoothie can promote regular bowel movements and overall digestive health.
How To Make Matcha And Mango Smoothie
This mango matcha smoothie recipe needs 4 ingredients only and is sweetened with the mango only. It’s also completely dairy-free and vegan.
These are the ingredients you will need:
- Frozen mango: Using frozen mango instead of fresh can really help the consistency and the freshness of the smoothie. I definitely recommend that you use frozen mango.
- Matcha powder: I always use high quality matahca powder. I use Dr. Mercola Royal Matcha Green Tea Powder.
- Coconut Water: The coconut water adds a refreshing taste to the smoothie, and it naturally works very well with mango.
- Chia Seeds: The chia seeds provide numerous nutrients to the smoothie, but they also help thicken the smoothie too.
- Spinach (optional): If you have spinach or kale at home, throw a handful in your blender for extra nutrients.
Making the smoothie:
- To make the smoothie add your frozen mango pieces first to your blender since they are the most difficult to blend.
- Add the rest of your ingredients to the blender.
- Blend until smooth, it took me roughly 3 minutes to blend mine and reach the perfect consistency.
Options To Add Twists To This Smoothie Recipe
What I love about smoothies is that most of the time, you can easily customize them and add or swap ingredients.
Here are some customization options that you may like:
- If you don’t have coconut water, do not worry, you can simply substitute it for dairy-free milk of choice. Just make sure it’s unsweetened!
- Instead of chia seeds, you can either use oats or a tablespoon of nut butter such cashew butter or even peanut butter.
- For an interesting twist to the recipe, you can add a tablespoon of cocoa powder. It can add a nice chocolatey flavor.
- The smoothie is sweetened purely from the mango, but if you like sweeter smoothies, add a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup.
- You can add a handful of leafy greens such as kale or spinach for more nutrition.
- As an addition to the mango, you can add banana or even berries. 1/2 cup is what I usually add as an extra when I make this recipe.
Mango Matcha Smoothie Recipe Common Questions Answered:
What's The Best Time To Drink Matcha And Mango Green Smoothie?
I love drinking this smoothie first thing in the morning as a meal replacement. I skip the coffee and breakfast, because this smoothie gives me both!
Does Mango And Matcha Go Together?
Mango and matcha is a fantastic combination and a favorite of mine. You can mix them together in smoothies or in chia puddings.
Is It Good to Put Matcha In a Smoothie?
There are so many benefits in adding matcha to smoothies. One of my favorite benefits is the energy boost you can from the matcha, thanks to its caffeine content.
More Mango & Matcha Smoothie Recipes:
Matcha Mango Smoothie (4-Ingredients)
- 1 Blender
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup/150g frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup/250ml of coconut water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Combine all the ingredients to a high-speed blender starting with the frozen mango first, then blend until smooth.
- The blending should take between 3-4 minutes, depending on the power of your blender.
- Pour over ice and mint if you like, and serve!