Smoothie when nauseous is the perfect thing you could drink to relieve the feeling of being nauseous. It’s certainly not a cure, but can really help you to feel better.
We have used proven ingredients to help with nausea. You should be able to feel better fairly quickly after drinking it.
Here’s why the ingredients used in this smoothie help you:
1. Ginger – is an ancient medicine, and it was widely used to treat all sorts of sicknesses, one of which is nauseous. A study for more than 30 years was done with pregnant women suffering with nausea.
They were treated with ginger and according to the ncbi.nlm.nih.gov – quote “concluded that ginger was an effective nonpharmacological option for NVP and was better than placebo.”
2. Bananas are known to stimulate the stomach in producing more mucus – the barrier that mucus creates allows for the person to have nausea relief.
3. Mint – peppermint specifically has a calming effect – it also allows for the food to pass through your stomach quicker.
Should I Drink Smoothie When Nauseous
Yes, but only if you do it right. When you are nauseous, you should be eating/drinking the right kind of things. Typically, you should avoid anything heavy.
This smoothie is almost fat-free, easy to digest, and has just the right ingredients in it.
If you are really, really nauseous and really don’t feel like you can eat or drink anything it’s best not to force yourself, but if you feel like stomaching something, definitely give this smoothie a go.
It’s also dairy-free and vegan-friendly.
How To Make Smoothie When You Are Feeling Nauseous
You will need:
1. Frozen Banana
2. Fresh Ginger
3. Fresh Mint
4. Coconut Water
When you are nauseous, you really don’t want to spend ages making anything – luckily, this smoothie couldn’t be easier to make.
It will help you relieve an upset stomach almost instantly.
Add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz until smooth.
You can serve the smoothie over ice for extra freshness.
More Smoothie Recipes:
Anyway, we hope you like this recipe as much as we do!
We hope you like this refreshing smoothie recipe to relieve nausea. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Smoothie When Nauseous
- 1 Blender
- 5-6 mint leaves washed
- 1 large frozen banana pre cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp of minced ginger
- 1/2 cup/125ml of coconut water
- Prepare the ingredients as described.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend everything until completely smooth.
- Serve & Enjoy!