I need a healthy and quick breakfast this morning, so I made this delicious blueberry apple smoothie!
It’s not only tasty and packed with nutrients, but it’s also good for weight loss, which is something I need right now.
Can I Eat Apple And Blueberries Together?
Yes, apples and blueberries can be eaten together, in fact, they are great together!
Apple and blueberries are both extremely good fruits for your body. They both have their own unique benefits.
Blueberries are really high in antioxidants and other benefit.
Apples on the other hand are rich in fiber, improve gut health, aid weight loss, and keep you feeling full for long periods of time!
Some people claim that an apple in the morning actually wakes you up better than a cup of coffee!
Blueberry And Apple Smoothie Benefits
This smoothie is made exclusively using healthy natural ingredients only, which means it has many health benefits to it!
This smoothie will not only hydrate you in a delicious way, but it will also provide many benefits to your body too!
Here are some of the benefits of drinking this apple and blueberry smoothie:
- High in Antioxidants: Blueberries are known for their high antioxidant content, which can help combat oxidative stress.
- Rich in Fiber: With ingredients like oats, apple, and blueberries, this smoothie is a good source of fiber, aiding in digestion and helping to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Protein Boost: The inclusion of peanut butter and almond milk adds a modest amount of protein, which is essential for muscle repair and overall bodily function.
- Vitamins and Minerals: The smoothie provides essential vitamins like vitamin C and E, as well as some iron.
- Heart Health: Ingredients like oats and almond milk are known to be heart-healthy options.
- Aids Weight Loss: The smoothie is relatively low in calories, but very filling, thanks to the high fiber content and many other factors.
How To Make Apple Blueberry Protein Smoothie
If you are trying to lose weight, drink this apple blueberry smoothie for weight loss for breakfast as a meal replacement.
I did that for 1 week straight, and I lost a bit of weight doing that. So I think you will too!
To make this smoothie, you will need these ingredients:
- Peanut Butter
- Almond Milk
This smoothie comes out thick and really tasty and fresh.
To make this apple blueberry smoothie – add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz for 3-4 minutes until smooth.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Variations And Add-Ins:
There many ways you can make this smoothie. The most important thing is that this smoothie suits your preferences, goals and ingredients you have at home.
This is why below you will find some of my suggestions for swaps or add-ins you can make to this blueberry and apple smoothie:
- If you cannot eat nuts, instead of almond milk, use oat milk or coconut milk instead. As for the peanut butter, substitute it for either sunflower seed butter or chia seeds.
- The oats replacement can be either chia seeds or pumpkin seeds. Some people struggle to digest oats, if you are one of them, these are your options!
- I used frozen blueberries to make this drink, which made the smoothie a lot thicker. If you don’t have frozen blueberries, but like thick smoothies, use fresh blueberries, but make sure you add a cup of ice cubes as an addition.
- If you don’t like peanut butter you can use almond butter or cashew butter.
- For something unique and different, adding a tablespoon of cocoa powder can really make this smoothie taste quite interesting and different!
More Blueberry Smoothie Recipes:
Blueberry Apple Smoothie
- 1 Blender We used Ninja
- 1 cup/150g frozen blueberries
- 1 cup/200ml almond milk unsweetened
- 1 small soft apple cored and diced
- 1 tbsp peanut butter unsweetened
- 1 tbsp oats
- Add all the ingredients to a blender starting with the frozen berries and almond milk.
- Blend everything until completely smooth. It should take 3-4 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!