This a pear and banana smoothie recipe that’s sweet, healthy and so satisfying. This recipe is super easy to make and packs a lot of nutrients.
Why Use a Pear In a Smoothie?
Pears are incredibly under-rated, they are an incredible fruit, and they should be used more than they currently are.
A medium-sized pear provides you with:
- 100 calories
- 1g of protein
- 27g of carbs
- 6g of fiber
- 16% of the daily recommendation of Copper
- 12% of the daily recommendation of vitamin C
- 6% of the daily recommendation of vitamin K
- 4% of the daily recommendation of potassium
Pears are really good for gut health, they have anti-inflammatory properties, and potential anticancer effects.
More info at Healthline.
Does Banana And Pear Go Together?
Pears and bananas work very well together, especially in smoothies. But they also work very well together in a fruit salad too.
Both of these fruits are very sweet, but they complement each other very well in terms of taste.
They can both be quite overpowering, but when you combine them both, you cannot taste one stronger than the other, they both come through nicely.
Because both pears and bananas are quite thickening, you can make a smoothie simply with a banana and pear, and some liquid.
That is why I love combining them both in a smoothie.
Pear Banana Smoothie Benefits
I used 3 simple ingredients to make this smoothie; pears, banana and almond milk.
Since there is nothing processed, or any added sugars, this smoothie contains some benefits!
Here are some of them:
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: The banana and pear are good sources of essential nutrients like potassium, vitamin C, and fiber.
- Digestive Health: The fiber content from the pear and banana can aid in digestion and regular bowel movements.
- Boosts Immunity: The vitamins and minerals can contribute to boosting the immune system.
- May Help With Weight Loss: The smoothie is low in calories, but very filling thanks to the fiber.
How To Make Banana And Pear Smoothie:
You will need the following ingredients:
- Frozen Banana Slices
- Almond Milk
Dice and core the pear. Add all your ingredients to a blender starting with the frozen banana slices.
Blend for 3-4 minutes until smooth. Enjoy!
Recipe Customization Options
Because I kept this banana and pear smoothie for weight loss very simple, I only used 3 ingredients.
So, if you want to add more ingredients for more flavor and nutrients, consider the following options:
- You can add cocoa powder, and make this pear and banana smoothie chocolate flavored.
- Using coconut milk instead of almond milk can make this smoothie more tropical flavored.
- For a more rich smoothie, add a tablespoon of nut butter. Almond butter can be great.
- If you are not vegan, adding 1/2 cup of yogurt can make this smoothie creamier and higher in protein.
Check Out Some More Pear Smoothie Recipes:
Pear And Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 ripe pear cored and diced
- 1 cup/150g frozen banana slices
- 1 cup/230ml of dairy-free milk I used almond
- 1/2 tsp of maple syrup or honey optional
- The method couldn't be easier, the pear is washed and cored. Then all the ingredients are added to a high-speed blender and blitzed.
- I blended my smoothie for 3 minutes, so try that, and if it's not smooth enough, blend for longer.
- Serve and enjoy!